PRAYING THE PSALMS, PART 4
Psalms for Personal Growth. Just as trees grow and produce fruit, God’s expectation for us is growth and maturity. As we speak and pray the Psalms, the image is planted in our spirits and when we need a Word to come forth, it’s there. Spring is coming; it’s planting season.
- Psalm 63:1. O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water.
- Psalm 51: 1, 13. Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies, Blot out my transgressions. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You.
- Psalm 90:12. So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom.
- Psalm 113:9 He grants the barren woman a home, Like a joyful mother of children. Praise the LORD! Psalm 139:14. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
- Psalm 10:17–18. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more.
Philippians 4:6–7 NKJV
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 NKJV
Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Listen now: The service has been separated into three parts. We encourage you to feast on this three course meal!
Foundation Scripture for LOJWC Ministry:
“For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.” Mark 11:23
What We Believe:
We believe in God, the Father, Almighty, and in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried. On the third day he rose again according to Scripture. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father, from whence he shall come to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the God-head, who revealed himself on the day of Pentecost. We believe in the gifts of the Spirit and their continuous operation in the body of Christ. And we believe in one holy, universal, and apostolic church. Amen.
We conduct spiritual warfare. It begins with us as we speak God’s word and speak to our bodies, minds, and emotions. Therefore we make a faith confession which says: “Satan, in the Name of Jesus, I declare this body a sickness-disease-free zone. Every germ, virus, bacterium, etc., that touches this body dies instantly in the name of Jesus, who bore my sicknesses, carried my diseases, and by whose stripes I have been healed. Therefore I command life into every cell in this body, I receive healing for my emotions from every past embedded hurtful, fearful memory. I speak active deliverance from the law of sin and death, according to the finished works of Jesus the Christ, the anointed and His anointing.”
Visit us on Facebook, on Twitter @PastorEliz, and our website lojworshipcenter.org.
Join us online at mumble.com for live messages Sunday’s at 10:30 a.m. See our Facebook page for more details.
Copyright © 2021 E. C. Dowdy. Written and audio material may not be reproduced without written permission.