PRAYING THE PSALMS, PART 2
Here are ten Psalms we can pray daily. Personalize these Psalms for yourself and people you are interceding for.
- Give praise to God. Psalm 30:4–5. “Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.”
- Trust God. Psalm 37:2–3. “For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, And wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.”
- For deliverance. Psalm 40:1–2. “I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps.
- For protection. Psalm 46:10–11. “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge.”
- When feeling overwhelmed. Psalm 55:22. “Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.”
- Worship God. Psalm 103:1–2. “Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits.”
- Thanks for mercy. Psalm 106:1. “Praise the LORD! Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.”
- Thanks for answered prayer. Psalm 116:1–2. “I love the LORD, because He has heard My voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.”
- Gratitude for God’s Word. Psalm 119:1. “Blessed are the undefiled in the way, Who walk in the law of the LORD!”
- Remembering that God made us. Psalm 139:14. “I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.”
Philippians 4:6–7 NKJV
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 NKJV
Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Special Scriptures: The service has been separated into three parts. We encourage you to feast on this three course meal!
Foundation Scripture for LOJWC Ministry:
“For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.” Mark 11:23
What We Believe:
We believe in God, the Father, Almighty, and in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried. On the third day he rose again according to Scripture. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father, from whence he shall come to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the God-head, who revealed himself on the day of Pentecost. We believe in the gifts of the Spirit and their continuous operation in the body of Christ. And we believe in one holy, universal, and apostolic church. Amen.
We conduct spiritual warfare. It begins with us as we speak God’s word and speak to our bodies, minds, and emotions. Therefore we make a faith confession which says: “Satan, in the Name of Jesus, I declare this body a sickness-disease-free zone. Every germ, virus, bacterium, etc., that touches this body dies instantly in the name of Jesus, who bore my sicknesses, carried my diseases, and by whose stripes I have been healed. Therefore I command life into every cell in this body, I receive healing for my emotions from every past embedded hurtful, fearful memory. I speak active deliverance from the law of sin and death, according to the finished works of Jesus the Christ, the anointed and His anointing.”
Visit us on Facebook, on Twitter @PastorEliz, and our website lojworshipcenter.org.
Join us online at mumble.com for live messages Sunday’s at 10:30 a.m. See our Facebook page for more details.
Copyright © 2021 E. C. Dowdy. Written and audio material may not be reproduced without written permission.